Becoming a QRTP? Review these FAQs to learn more about the application process.
January 2, 2020
The Family First Prevention Services Act creates a new facility license type called a Qualified Residential Treatment Program (QRTP). A QRTP must:
- Be designed to be treatment-focused and temporary.
- Engage the family in treatment planning and intervention.
- Provide access to 24-hour nursing in accordance with the treatment model.
- Provide six months of services for the child or teen and their family after they have transitioned out of the program.
- Be accredited by a national accrediting entity.