Growing and Maintaining Strong Families
Proven ways for parents to help kids grow and maintain strong families.
Be Strong in the Face of Stress
Resilience is managing stress and dealing with your life, even when things get difficult.
- Take care of yourself and ask for help when you need it.
- Stop stress from getting in the way of providing loving care for your child.
- Enjoy time with your child and celebrate what you like about being a parent.
Nature Caring Friendships
Having a network of friends and family helps us feel secure, confident and empowered.
- Accept help from others and look for opportunities to help them back.
- Build your skills in reaching out to others, communicating and resolving conflict.
- Focus on relationships where you feel respected and appreciated.
Grow Your Knowledge of Parenting and Childhood Development
There is no perfect parent, but knowing what to expect does make the job easier.
- Discover what to expect as your child grows.
- Try new skills and tips to help your child progress and thrive.
- Respond in a positive way when your child misbehaves.
Ask For Support When you Need It
Some problems are too big to solve alone. Knowing where to get help in the community can make life easier.
- Know what help is available.
- Reach out and ask for help when needed.
- Share information on resources with others.
Help Your Child Manage Feelings and Relationships
Help children develop skills so they can manage their emotions and build healthy relationships with their peers and adults.
- Respond warmly and consistently to your child.
- Allow your child to express his/her emotions.
- Model how to be kind and interact positively with others.